Perhaps more than ever, you can make a tremendous difference by supporting causes you care about. Many of the things that we value dearly are under threat. But you can do something about it.
Learning and benchmarking are key steps towards becoming an impact giver. If you are interested in giving with impact on Impact Philanthropy take a look at these selections from Giving Compass.
You can do good and feel good, and join the millions of Americans who donate to show that they care about our society:
- Protecting Our Parks: President Trump plans to open our public lands to oil and gas development. Already on the chopping block are Utah’s Bears Ears National Monument and Grand Staircase Escalante Monument, which stand to lose a combined 2 million acres.
- Protecting Clean Air: Organization like Friends of the Earth need your help to combat the Pruitt-championed repeal of the Clean Power Plan, which would reduce emissions from energy development.
- Ensuring a Fair and Accurate Census Count: Due to huge budget cuts, the 2020 Census risks a large undercount of low-income, underserved, and minority households.
- Fair Voting: Voter suppression has been an ugly blemish on this country’s political history, and we don’t have to look very far into the past to find evidence of it.
- Helping the Working Poor: So many of the poor in this country are working poor. They have jobs, and yet they are still struggling to pay the increasing rent in many of our cities.
Read the full article about how to donate to what you care about from GreatNonprofits
Looking for a way to get involved?
Learning with others and benchmarking are key steps towards becoming an impact giver. If you are interested in giving with impact for Impact Philanthropy, take a look at these events, galas, conferences and volunteering opportunities to connect with individuals like you.
Are you ready to give?
If you are interested in Impact Philanthropy, please see these relevant Issue Funds, Charitable Organizations or Projects where you can get involved.