Scientists are certain that as the impacts of a warming atmosphere bite harder, small islands will be the first to suffer as a result of rising seas or more intense storms. Expect the host Fijians to ram this message home at COP23.
9 things to look out for at COP23:
- The UK-Canada alliance against coal.
- Policing climate action: Talks on a Paris Agreement rule book kick off again this week.
- Polluters in court: Climate litigation is now a thing.
- Attributing extreme weather to greenhouse gases: It is now possible to quantitatively determine the contribution of individual countries to global mean temperature change.
- Pre-2020 action: We know we need to bend the curve of emissions by 2020.
- Poland and the Talanoa Dialogue: Does the world really want Poland to be guiding global climate talks through 2018?
- The (Trump who?) US pavilion: State leaders have stepped in to fund a vast pavilion on the edges of the talks.
- The Macron Factor: Can France’s youthful leader in tandem with Canada’s Trudeau offer genuine leadership on climate?
- Oil prices: OPEC is contemplating a rise to $60–70 a barrel.
Read the full article on COP23 by Ed King at ImpactAlpha
Interested in learning more about Impact Investing? Other readers at Giving Compass found the following articles helpful for impact giving related to Impact Investing.
Looking for a way to get involved?
If you are interested in Climate, please see these relevant events, training, conferences or volunteering opportunities the Giving Compass team recommends.
Are you ready to give?
Climate is an important topic. Other members found these Giving Funds, Charitable Organizations and Projects aggregated by Giving Compass to be relevant to individuals with a passion for Climate.