9 ways to create more inclusive impact investing:
- Think global, local and everywhere in between: Impact Investing first gained in popularity for its work in emerging economies and more underserved areas as a complement to philanthropy. But impact investing is as relevant locally in the US as it is internationally.
- Diverse investors will create better investments: Step one? The investors, managers and leaders of funds need to be as diverse as the groups they invest in.
- Risk taker or risk averse? All are welcome here: Regardless of your assets, mission, or desired outcomes, there are opportunities to start impact investing.
- Investors bring more than money: What will you do with your time, talent and treasure to find solutions to our greatest problems?
- Capacity building has to be a part of the conversation: Just as funds must be strategic in their giving, they must look as intentionally at long-term capacity building efforts as in their short-term screening.
- Philanthropy can empower impact investing: Philanthropic dollars still have a place in impact investing.
- Small is still beautiful: Even the smallest family offices, foundations and existing funds can easily step into impact investment.
- A paradigm shift is needed on where AND how money gets invested: Impact investing holds promise but the same financial tools that got us here won’t get us there.
- The time to start impact investing was 100 years ago. The second-best time is now.
Read the full article on inclusive impact investing by Mark Horoszowski at ImpactAlpha
Since you are interested in Impact Investing, have you read these selections from Giving Compass related to impact giving and Impact Investing?
Looking for a way to get involved?
If you are looking for opportunities to learn and connect with others interested in the topic of Impact Investing, take a look at these events, galas, conferences and volunteering opportunities aggregated by Giving Compass.
Are you ready to give?
If you are ready to take action and invest in causes for Impact Investing, check out these Giving Funds, Charitable Organizations and Projects related to Impact Investing.