Giving Compass’ Take:
• The Aspen Institute takes a look back at its past speakers and writers whose insights should be addressed in this upcoming year. The consensus is we need to be more inclusive and fight for a better global health system together.
• How can we build our collective action muscles in the New Year? Which partnerships show the most promise?
As you’re writing your list of New Year’s resolutions, consider the lessons imparted this past year by speakers and thinkers at the Aspen Institute. Their insightful experiences in life, leadership, and social change are worth remembering well past 2019:
- Confront xenophobia through literature
- When in doubt, keep running
- Learn from the country’s former leaders…
- …as well as the newest Americans
- Teach tolerance (and unlearn intolerance)
- Keep social movements inclusive
- Make your voice heard
- Fight for better health care
- Stand with people of all faiths
Read the full article about ways to take action in 2019 by Ben Berliner and Nicole Corea at The Aspen Institute.
Impact Investing is a complex topic, and others found these selections from the Impact Giving archive from Giving Compass to be good resources.
Looking for a way to get involved?
Learning with others and benchmarking are key steps towards becoming an impact giver. If you are interested in giving with impact for Human Rights, take a look at these events, galas, conferences and volunteering opportunities to connect with individuals like you.
Are you ready to give?
If you are ready to take action and invest in causes for Human Rights, check out these Giving Funds, Charitable Organizations and Projects related to Human Rights.