Giving Compass’ Take:
• Robin Hicks, writing for Eco-Business, describes the 10 reasons for climate optimism that Assaad Razzouk, chief executive of Singapore-based renewables firm Sindicatum, discusses in his podcast, Angry Clean Energy Guy.
• How can donors help spread awareness about climate optimism? How might this perspective help people cope with the current state of climate change?
Last week, a report from the World Meteorological Organisation found that the world is warming faster than previously believed, and could warm by between three to five degrees Celsius by the end of the century—that’s almost three times the goal set by the Paris climate agreement.
But amid the doom and gloom, there are reasons for us to be optimistic. Even Assaad Razzouk, the usually downbeat chief executive of Singapore-based renewables firm Sindicatum, has started to believe there is hope for the planet. On his podcast Angry Clean Energy Guy, recorded on Thursday, Razzouk highlighted 10 reasons for climate optimism. Those reasons are as follows:
- Climate action is intensifying
- Oil and gas prices capital costs are rising
- Renewables costs are still falling
- Transport is going electric—fast
- Climate litigation
- Banks are waking up to the climate reality
- The war on plastic
- Peak emissions
- Citizen activism
Clilmate solutions are available, and slowly but surely, they are being implemented, and soon they will be as ubiquitous as our mobile phones, he said.
Read the full article about climate optimism by Robin Hicks at Eco-Business.
Interested in learning more about Environment? Other readers at Giving Compass found the following articles helpful for impact giving related to Environment.
Looking for a way to get involved?
A good way to complement your interest in Clean Energy is to connect with others. Check out these events, galas, conferences or volunteering opportunities related to Clean Energy.
Are you ready to give?
If you are interested in Clean Energy, please see these relevant Issue Funds, Charitable Organizations or Projects where you can get involved.