Giving Compass’ Take:
· Putnam Consulting Group explains why breaking out of the work bubble and becoming more involved in the issues will lead to more effective grantmaking.
· How can grantmakers become more involved in their communities?
Effective grantmaking rarely happens if grantmakers spend all their time behind their desks. Here are four reasons for grantmakers to leave the office and break out of the bubble:
- You learn more than if you’d stayed in the office.
- You identify new needs and opportunities.
- You and your team become better stewards of community resources.
- You increase your effectiveness and your ability to meet your mission.
There are many more reasons to break out of your bubble and engage more deeply in learning about the issues you address and the places you serve, whether that’s a single county or multiple communities around the globe. In fact, there’s no good reason not to. There may be excuses, but no good reasons.
Read the full article about effective grantmaking at Putnam Consulting Group.
Since you are interested in Impact Philanthropy, have you read these selections from Giving Compass related to impact giving and Impact Philanthropy?
Looking for a way to get involved?
Learning with others and benchmarking are key steps towards becoming an impact giver. If you are interested in giving with impact for Funding, take a look at these events, galas, conferences and volunteering opportunities to connect with individuals like you.
Are you ready to give?
If you are ready to take action and invest in causes for Funding, check out these Giving Funds, Charitable Organizations and Projects related to Funding.