Giving Compass’ Take:
• Nicole Morrissey, writing for GlobalGiving, offers four ways that companies can start preparing for disaster season.
• How are donors partnering with companies to strengthen disaster relief efforts?
Summer is upon us. Unfortunately, so is disaster season. Nicole Morrissey advises companies to get strategic now to prepare for the next disaster.
Forecasters anticipate 14 named storms, including seven hurricanes for the United States this year. Around the world, disasters are increasing in frequency and severity, predominantly due to climate change and related factors, such as warmer oceans and rising sea levels.
In a time when consumers and employees so often wish to support nonprofit organizations responding to disasters with charitable donations, is your company ready for the next disaster? Here are four ways your company can get prepared now:
- Develop your response strategy before a disaster strikes.
- Consider your company’s long game.
- Identify potential disaster relief nonprofit partners now.
- Involve your employees in disaster decision-making.
Read the full article about preparing for disaster relief by Nicole Morrissey at GlobalGiving.
If you are looking for more articles and resources for Disaster Relief, take a look at these Giving Compass selections related to impact giving and Disaster Relief.
Looking for a way to get involved?
If you are interested in Disaster Relief, please see these relevant events, training, conferences or volunteering opportunities the Giving Compass team recommends.
Are you ready to give?
Disaster Relief is an important topic. Other members found these Giving Funds, Charitable Organizations and Projects aggregated by Giving Compass to be relevant to individuals with a passion for Disaster Relief.