Giving Compass’ Take:
• Alina Siegfried, writing for Medium, lists the various ways that New Zealand offers sustainable conditions for social impact and entrepreneurship to thrive.
• How are donors in New Zealand supporting impactful innovation? What are the main cultural and political trends that are moving New Zealand towards sustainable social impact?
• Read about the growth of philanthropy in New Zealand.
Down at the bottom of the world, there is an exciting sense of momentum building. In the wake of a growing worldwide awareness and demand for businesses to become more environmentally and socially ethical, one country is carving out a niche for itself to address this growing need.
New Zealand is commonly associated with hobbits, rugby, and sweeping, mountainous vistas. But in recent years, a number of cultural, policy and business trends are creating the perfect conditions for an interconnected ecosystem of entrepreneurs, investors, creatives and changemakers who are driven to achieve positive impact through their work.
Below we outline 11 reasons why individuals and organisations who strive to make positive impact can find an ideal home in New Zealand.
- Sensible immigration policy
- Government support for innovation
- Government policy to solve social and environmental problems
- Investors and employees alike are increasingly driven by impact
- It’s super easy to do business
- The lifestyle is second to none
- Kiwis value collaboration over competition
- Government and major CEOs are accessible
- A shift from social enterprise to impact entrepreneurship
- The Māori worldview brings a holistic approach to business
- You can take bigger risks
Read the full article about impact entrepreneurship by Alina Siegfried at Medium.
If you are looking for more articles and resources for Social Enterprise, take a look at these Giving Compass selections related to impact giving and Social Enterprise.
Are you ready to give?
If you are looking for opportunities to take action and give money to Social Enterprise, here are some Giving Funds, Charitable Organizations and Projects aggregated by Giving Compass where you can take immediate action.