Giving Compass’ Take:
• Inclusive businesses in Asia should tap impact investing opportunities for three main reasons: to help break the cycle of poverty, to catalyze partnerships, and align investments with business activities.
• How do the goals of inclusive businesses align with impact investing practices?
• Read about the social investment landscape in Asia.
Impact investing is growing in Asia, but identifying investable opportunities that align with your mission as an investor can be trying. The Inclusive Business (IB) sector presents a unique opportunity to address this challenge.
Inclusive businesses are for-profit organisations that deliberate incorporates the base of the pyramid in their value chains, providing sustainable livelihoods and enabling profits in the same effort. The largest sectors in Asia are Agriculture, Wellness and Tourism and Waste Management.
Adoption or even awareness of IB models and language in Asia are only now beginning to take root. Despite the nascency of this space, strong examples of success exist and make a compelling case for further investment in this space.
Here’s why you need to tap into IBs:
- Contribute to breaking the poverty cycle
- Catalyse systemic impact through partnerships:
- Align your personal values with your business activities
Read the full article about opportunities in impact investing in Asia by Sangeetha Watson at avpn.
Learning and benchmarking are key steps towards becoming an impact giver. If you are interested in giving with impact on Impact Investing take a look at these selections from Giving Compass.
Looking for a way to get involved?
A good way to complement your interest in Impact Investing is to connect with others. Check out these events, galas, conferences or volunteering opportunities related to Impact Investing.
Are you ready to give?
Impact Investing is an important topic. Other members found these Giving Funds, Charitable Organizations and Projects aggregated by Giving Compass to be relevant to individuals with a passion for Impact Investing.