Giving Compass’ Take:
• Third Sector Capital Partners discusses the bold new ways organizations are sharing data, including through predictive analytics and randomized control trials.
• How up-to-date are you on the latest evaluation methods? This article will give you a quick primer on what’s working in the sector and how concrete numbers can impact program decision-making.
Data and evaluation play a critical role in our work at Third Sector, enabling rigorous outcomes-oriented contracting. More broadly throughout the social sector, well-designed approaches can inform the implementation of policy and programs.
The National Association of Welfare Research Statistics (NAWRS) 2017 Workshop highlighted communities across the country where innovative data sharing practices and evaluation methodologies are directly shaping human services and workforce programming:
- Integrated data systems to understand cross-system risk factors
- Predictive analytics to inform decision-making
- Multi-armed randomized control trial to compare effectiveness of interventions
- Mixed-methods evaluation to assess benefits of new program
Overall, findings show that @LIKE improved employment, educational, and training outcomes for participants, and that these benefits exceeded the costs of program implementation.
Read the full article about innovative data sharing practices by Mary Beech at Third Sector Capital Partners.
If you are looking for more articles and resources for Impact Philanthropy, take a look at these Giving Compass selections related to impact giving and Impact Philanthropy.
Looking for a way to get involved?
Learning with others and benchmarking are key steps towards becoming an impact giver. If you are interested in giving with impact for Impact Philanthropy, take a look at these events, galas, conferences and volunteering opportunities to connect with individuals like you.
Are you ready to give?
If you are interested in Impact Philanthropy, please see these relevant Issue Funds, Charitable Organizations or Projects where you can get involved.