Giving Compass’ Take:
• Founders offer five key lessons that they learned when creating social impact startups and innovations.
• How are you supporting social impact innovation with your charitable giving? In what ways are social startups changing the philanthropic landscape?
• Read more about social startup success.
From healthcare, to education, to human rights, tech has the potential to drive social impact at scale. In this moment of global pandemic, growing economic insecurity and an uprising against racial injustice, the need for scalable solutions is greater than ever. But there are lessons we’ve seen founders learn the hard way time and again.
In the spirit of reaching impact at scale faster, we rounded up our top five lessons to take to heart if you want to turn your world-changing idea into a tech nonprofit. Distilled from The Tech Nonprofit Playbook, a free guide to starting a social impact startup, we drew from the learnings of tech nonprofits whose work has transformed their sectors.
- Get to know the problem intimately
- Build a tech for good product, but don’t start from scratch
- Learn the art of nonprofit judo
- Your people will make or break your organization
- Be intentional about how you measure impact
Read the full article about lessons from founders who launched social start-ups by Shannon Farley at TechCrunch.
Boards and Governance is a complex topic, and others found these selections from the Impact Giving archive from Giving Compass to be good resources.
Looking for a way to get involved?
If you are interested in Boards and Governance, please see these relevant events, training, conferences or volunteering opportunities the Giving Compass team recommends.
Are you ready to give?
In addition to learning and connecting with others, taking action is a key step towards becoming an impact giver. If you are interested in giving with impact for Boards and Governance take a look at these Giving Funds, Charitable Organizations or Projects.