Many community collaborative leaders readily acknowledge that a strong community partnership is needed to thrive, and yet most believe they have much to learn about ways to engage the community. This guide highlights approaches to engagement and shares a number of examples of how collaboratives are effectively engaging their communities.
This is a guide for collaboratives that say “yes” to the following questions:
- Do we aim to effect “needle-moving” change (i.e., 10 percent or more) on a community-wide metric?
- Do we believe that a long-term investment (i.e., three to five-plus years) by stakeholders is necessary to achieve success?
- Do we believe that cross-sector engagement is essential for community-wide change?
- Are we committed to using measurable data to set the agenda and improve over time?
- Are we committed to having community members as partners and producers of impact?
Impact Philanthropy is a complex topic, and others found these selections from the Impact Giving archive from Giving Compass to be good resources.
Looking for a way to get involved?
Learning with others and benchmarking are key steps towards becoming an impact giver. If you are interested in giving with impact for Collective Impact, take a look at these events, galas, conferences and volunteering opportunities to connect with individuals like you.
Are you ready to give?
If you are interested in Collective Impact, please see these relevant Issue Funds, Charitable Organizations or Projects where you can get involved.