Giving Compass’ Take:
• Miranda Cleland explains that small businesses can play a critical role in disaster relief. Here are nine ways that companies can make a difference after a disaster.
• How can companies effectively partner for disaster relief? What role can you or your organization play in such a partnership?
• Read more about disaster relief and recovery.
Natural disasters have the power to devastate communities, and impacted families often spend years rebuilding their lives in the aftermath. Luckily, there are always people ready to help! And your small businesses can play a critical role.
Here are nine steps small business owners can take to raise funds for disaster survivors:
- Set SMART goals.
- Get creative.
- Determine how you will collect donations.
- Offer your customers a variety of ways to donate.
- Develop a marketing plan.
- Communicate why you’re fundraising for a particular cause.
- Follow cause marketing laws.
- Understand other regulations that could impact your fundraiser.
- Make sure your donations will be tax deductible.
Read the full article about how small businesses can help disaster relief by Miranda Cleland at GlobalGiving.
If you are looking for more articles and resources for Corp Giving and CSR, take a look at these Giving Compass selections related to impact giving and Corp Giving and CSR.
Looking for a way to get involved?
Learning with others and benchmarking are key steps towards becoming an impact giver. If you are interested in giving with impact for Corp Giving and CSR, take a look at these events, galas, conferences and volunteering opportunities to connect with individuals like you.
Are you ready to give?
If you are ready to take action and invest in causes for Corp Giving and CSR, check out these Giving Funds, Charitable Organizations and Projects related to Corp Giving and CSR.