The greatest wealth- and value-creation opportunity of the millennium (to date), social and environmental value will drive global growth and sustainable, inclusive prosperity for decades.
Here are six impact storylines that we’re tracking:
- Women lead. The remarkable progress of women over the last century sets up a truly huge opportunity in this century to drive progress for all.
- Impact is the global growth story. Across just four Sustainable Development Goal-aligned sectors, a group of business leaders have identified new market opportunities worth $12 trillion a year in savings and revenues.
- Exclusion is a bug. Impact is fixing it. Spreading VC funding beyond the usual hotspots and in particular to entrepreneurs who are women or people of color can reverse the 40-year decline in the rate of new business starts and usher in a true golden age of entrepreneurship.
- Sustainability tipping points are nigh. Investors are voting with their dollars and their shareholder resolutions that the low-carbon energy transformation is well underway.
- Impact is the next big tech story. Technology is opening up entirely new avenues for social and environmental impact, and impact is tech’s next challenge.
- The people want impact. Populism isn’t just about reaction and retrenchment.
Impact Investing is a complex topic, and others found these selections from the Impact Giving archive from Giving Compass to be good resources.
Looking for a way to get involved?
If you are looking for opportunities to learn and connect with others interested in the topic of Impact Investing, take a look at these events, galas, conferences and volunteering opportunities aggregated by Giving Compass.
Are you ready to give?
If you are ready to take action and invest in causes for Impact Investing, check out these Giving Funds, Charitable Organizations and Projects related to Impact Investing.