Giving Compass’ Take:
• The author explores the proven physical and mental health benefits of helping communities in need and explains how giving and donating time go a long way.
• What are ways you donate your time or money, and can you see the health benefits when doing so?
• Need inspiration? Find volunteer opportunities and more information, here.
Studies show that giving has added health benefits for the giver. Moreover, there are a variety of ways that those who give charitable donations can reap added (and surprising) health benefits while helping those in need.
Whether we are offering emotional support for loved ones, volunteering our time to assist an organization, or donating money to charity, there are more ways to enjoy the health benefits of giving than simply shopping for the perfect gift. Giving to a charity may also help boost your physical health and mental well-being including:
- Improved Self-Esteem and Self-Worth
- Positive Moods and Low Depression Rates
- Longer Life Expectancy
- Improving the World Community
The gift of giving always comes full circle. Giving is receiving and generosity is contagious. So, the next time you’re thinking about treating yourself, instead remember the positive benefits on your health that donating to charity can bring about, as well as the positive change you can help bring about around the world.
Read the full article about the health benefits of donating to charity from Save the Children.
Family Philanthropy is a complex topic, and others found these selections from the Impact Giving archive from Giving Compass to be good resources.
Looking for a way to get involved?
Learning with others and benchmarking are key steps towards becoming an impact giver. If you are interested in giving with impact for Family Philanthropy, take a look at these events, galas, conferences and volunteering opportunities to connect with individuals like you.
Are you ready to give?
If you are looking for opportunities to take action and give money to Family Philanthropy, here are some Giving Funds, Charitable Organizations and Projects aggregated by Giving Compass where you can take immediate action.