Giving Compass’ Take:
· Carin Eisenstein explains how a team at NPC analyzed 360Giving grant data from GrantNav to learn more about current homelessness funding and needs in the UK.
· How can this type of data be used to help donors focus their efforts? How is homelessness currently being addressed in the UK?
Homelessness is a modern crisis. At NPC, we’re interested in how philanthropy can be more effective in tackling it.
We recently launched a report on the homelessness crisis in the UK and the need for systemic funding. As part of this research, we wanted to understand which private trusts and foundations fund homelessness interventions, which organisations they’re funding, and what the funding looks like.
With financial support from the Indigo Trust, we analysed 360Giving grants data and Charity Commission data. Here we summarize findings from the grants data:
- Grants related to homelessness represent just 1% of all grants reported to 360Giving.
- Three in five 360Giving contributors have made grants to support homelessness.
- Grants tend to be small (less than £10k per year) and for one year, with fewer large-scale, multi-year grants.
Read the full article about 360Giving data and homelessness by Carin Eisenstein at NPC.
Nonprofit Sector is a complex topic, and others found these selections from the Impact Giving archive from Giving Compass to be good resources.
Looking for a way to get involved?
Learning with others and benchmarking are key steps towards becoming an impact giver. If you are interested in giving with impact for Homeless and Housing, take a look at these events, galas, conferences and volunteering opportunities to connect with individuals like you.
Are you ready to give?
If you are interested in Homeless and Housing, please see these relevant Issue Funds, Charitable Organizations or Projects where you can get involved.